Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy Racism Day!

 

  There's been a buzz of what's perceived as racism lately, with dire results.  Lately, it's become so vile to have an opinion of a group of people that you're severely punished for it if spoken aloud.  This smacks pretty much of George Orwell's 1984, and Queensryche's, Operation Mindcrime.  It's that bad.  I'd say it's certainly very unsavory to have a hatred built upon a pre-bias of someone, sure.  One could hate Antarcticans with a fervor and say so publicly, but it's probably not very nice.  If you do nothing except just talk about it, well... I believe that falls under Amendment I of the Constitution.  Now, being a prior military member, if you're say, in-uniform, you cannot say you hate Heinz Ketchup publicly, because you're representing the military in that fashion, and therefore saying all military hate Heinz Ketchup.



  In the case of Don Sterling, his comment about the ebony persuasion is not a crime, though I'd have to agree it's a bit vulgar, but in this case, he was representing the NBA as a private organization.  The NBA itself does not feel the same way, and his comments were while wearing an "NBA Club" "hat" as it were.  The "club" kicked him out.

  If I was in the "He-Man Woman-Haters Club" from the 1920's-1930's, Our Gang aka The Little Rascals oath was, "...Do solemnly swear to be a he-man and hate women and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never fall in love, and if I do may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours - or until I scream bloody murder. " in which children swore-off girls in their boys-only tree-house club because girls are icky, and I said, "I likes me some girls."  Well then!  I'd be ousted for having a positive opinion about girls, understandably.  On a side-note, you can legally join this club for 1 year, no questions asked, when divorced as a male, and most do and get the card, club pin, and other accouterments, such as the secret decoder amulet, the ray gun, the half-cape, the boom-boom stick, and the moustache-kit (some assembly required).

Rip Taylor thinks it's all CRRRAAAAZY!

  So there you have it.  I guess it's silly but club rules are club rules, though it's getting a bit out-of-hand as of late on both fronts.

What's that white goo in her hands anyway?  hmmmm?

Laurence Fishburne
  Samuel Jackson was recently misidentified as Laurence Fishburne in an interview on a news channel recently. Sammy got rather upset and did not give an inch and made an ass of the interviewer for a painful 3 or 4 minutes, but that's typical of him.  Just kept grinding at the issue despite several apologies.  He now wears an "I'm not Laurence Fishburne" shirt for publicity.  It'd have been okay if he humbly pointed out that he was someone else, but no.  He acted like a baboon about it, so now he made himself look bad instead.  Mr.Fishburne has spoken humbly that it was an amusing bit of Sam being an *sshole, and often now signs documents, Samuel Jackson in good sport.  Sammy just keeps making a bigger and bigger deal about this, though I could see William Shatner doing the same.  Incidentally, if you see Sammy Jackson around, call him Laurence as much as possible, and tell him he was horrible in Robocop the remake.  I don't jive with his humor or delivery and I find him one-dimensional.  He should have been complimented with being mistaken as Fishburne, who's actually a far more versatile and brilliant actor by miles.  Just sayin', and Laurence wouldn't have acted like a donkey's blah-blah.

Samuel Jackson

  It seems minorities look for any opportunity to condemn to the 12th Level of Hell anyone who's against them.  Gay/Lesbians, Feminists, Ebonies, are the most to blame lately.  (Luckily, midgets are quiet for now..)  I believe in true equality, but people are still allowed an opinion, even if it is a distaste or even an irrational hatred if on a personal level not represented by a business or workplace environment.  I'm not for it though, and I've seen a lot of misanthropy on various levels, prejudices and "boys clubs" with seemingly secret-handshakes and nods.  In the business world, I've seen prior officers with absolute zero talent get into positions of power and prestige and flop about uselessly because they're "one of the boys" with invalidated talent from time to time.  I'm not a fan of, "It's who you know", though everywhere I've proven myself by talent and skill and good character, I may never be one of these elitist Illuminati-wannabe's.  Well, that's fine with me.  On that topic, someday, I might be chosen over someone else because I was known from before, but I have no doubt I'd also be chosen for my dedication to work and the passion I put in what I do, something most people lack.  I know folks from my own past, but there's a good majority I wouldn't hire if given the chance because I know their work ethic on a personal level.  I wouldn't let a grouping affect my choice or even sway it though, even subliminally.  That would be illegal on many levels and without merit.  Personally, I don't like Antarcticans, but if one applied to a job I was hiring, and their resume fit the bill, by gosh golly I'd hire that guy!  Yep!  I'm cognizant of that.



  A leader I knew once said during a feedback to me, "Always hire your friends."  I disagreed with him, I said, "Hire the best, get new friends."  He didn't care for my response.  Ah well.  Shrug.

I'm your boss!  Do what I tell you!


Out.
 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to point out I have met some stellar officers who excel at their jobs and are brilliant. I have also met some enlisted that are as dumb as a box of towels. I just don't think you should hire friends. Separate business from pleasure, hiring managers! That is all. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete