Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Maleficent




  Sleeping Beauty (1959) fans, such as myself will be delighted to see Disney releasing an other-side-of-the-coin view of the arch-nemesis, Maleficent portrayed aptly by Angelina Jolie.  I particularly enjoyed the original (as a matter of fact, it's my favorite Disney flick, because the dragon is bad-ass and children were cautioned to see it, and it had a PG rating in the late '70s), though born too-late to see its opening, I saw it in the '70s and was instantly drawn to Don Bluth's first film (he didn't produce it, just animated some portions). 
  The original film has some wonderful parts and the animation was ground-breaking for its time.  Maleficent simply wasn't invited to the party and seeks vengeance.  It'll be interesting how this version plays-out.

  Sorry for the last few posts being just media updates.  It's lame to do that, to be a town crier of sorts.  I promise I'll back off on that and get into some really intense issues than just, "Hey, look what's coming out next!" bull-crap.  I thought this was pretty good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment