Thursday, December 1, 2011

Guess I made the cut

Well, it looks like I made the cut for the band now temporarily known as Abagail Geddyes.  It's very contemporary Amy Grant stuff, but it's a start.  I have to be well-dressed at concerts and the like.  No blue hair for now.

While talking to the tyke, she expressed a furvor for the up-and-coming band Ardor.  I gave a few listens and this is much more my cup-of-tea guitar-wise (albeit some scream-core sections which are.. well.. the kids like it I guess).  I might be able to suggest using my gloves of CHR +4 to maybe do a few of those songs.  With Abagail's pipes being so unusually strong, I think she could manage it pretty easily.

Here's a sample of Ardor...  to escape the "Cookie Monster" singing, go to 0:55...


Abagail even looks similar except that she's blonde.  I think it'd sell better.  More flash than light piano.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the first time that I have ever selected the "Un-Like" option on here, Mike.

    The brunette in this video is cute/pretty/whathaveyou; but that kind of reminded me of Lacuna Coil... and while I think they're alright when Cristina is the only one singing, when a guy enters the fray and starts doing his wimped out voiceshopped (I don't know what the term for this is, but whatever the vocal/audio equivalent of photoshopping one's voice is) yelling(?)/attempt at growling(?)... it just sounds like ass. If ya' can't scream like Phil Anselmo, don't scream. Phil's voice can whip that ass. This business, not so much.

    And is this really what the kids are into? If so, then I think I'm just going to plead old then. Can't say that I'm a fan of the up-and-coming band Ardor. It might be very KILO Nation friendly though. I don't know.

    I looked this girl that you're to maybe be playing for up on the Interwebs though. Pretty girl. Doesn't look her age though, but I guess that's how it goes when you get old like me.

    I think part of my dislike for Ardor is some kind of "Like" (Get it? "Ha." says The Bride.) for thrash. Whatever this kind of music is that Ardor is playing here, I can't get into it. Also, what's with the band holding their guitars away from them, and to the sky in this video? And what's with the guitarists robotic movements at the end of the video.

    Most everything about this video, save for the pretty girl, just screamed... "Eh... thanks, but no thanks, y'all."

    Maybe the kids like it though.

    1997
    NOW

    ReplyDelete