Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nice I'm on-par

I'm listening to Rush's new live release, Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland.  Rather raw sounding release, but they do perform all of the album Moving Pictures in its entirety, which is amazingly good.  The songs "Tom Sawyer" and "Witch Hunt" make me re-listen to Resonance's own recordings of these songs and I realize I really hit the nail-on-the-head on my versions, which makes me smile.  I really want to try the song "Red Barchetta" with "YYZ" being on a skill-haitus cuz' I can't still get that riff at 0:50 quite smooth enough and I'm working on "Limbo" right now.  But as everyone knows, my mood changes with the tides, and I might just ignore everything and become a concert-triangle-player-monk at a moment's notice.

Russia's Phobos-Grunt cannot receive commands, which is a bad sign.  My suggestion for them to dump hydrazine was considered on Wikipedia, actually, but the craft will not respond to anything and the solar array deployment was automated.  They're pretty much screwed.  Unless they consider inverting the Myplexes (which I had to do with DSP flight 23, later "accidentally" sabotaged by a Canadian 7 months later by bursting the fuel-tank by not turning-off the plenum-pump after commanding it and letting it over-fill for 12 hours causing a critical loss-of-earth scenario).

I'm considering creating a "pedal board" to house all my pedals at this point.  By the time the last one ships, along with my Digitech 2112 (ver. 2.11) and BBE Sonic Maximizer 882i (coming in soon and is downright amazing) I'll have 7 pedals on TOP of everything else.  Some people ask me, "Hey Mike, whatchya using for your gear?"  Well, here's my gearlist that musical nerds will delight in, along with some photos:

Queensryche headless bass guitar (chaotic evil)  (mandolin hiding in the corner)

1983 Ovation Electric-Accoustic


1993 Ibanez Saber Custom sporting 2 new Seymour Duncan Invader humbuckers


Digitech 2112 (v.2.11 upgraded to 2120 firmware) into a
 Behringer EuroRack M802A ultra-low-noise 16-track soundboard
 into a Presonus AudioBox USB (into my IBM i5 PC)

2010 Yamaha E423

No comments:

Post a Comment