Wednesday, November 2, 2011

To laude the benefits of winter tires

Ah, not stuck, whatsoever.  Impossible to make my way to my annual checkup at the dentist though, had to reschedule as Powers Blvd. had no less than EIGHT vehicles akimbo.  I can't really tout against SUVs this time.  An equal number of SUVs accompanied the failed cars.  Even-steven there.  Some upside down-ish.  Had to drive through boroughs until I could turn around and try a different route.  Made it to my somewhat coinciding doc appointment thanks to my no muss, no fuss winter tires.  Cake.  All my mild ailments (left unlisted for the respect of the reader) were on the simple account of, well, I'm gettin' older (according to my Doc anyway).  Sigh.  Ah, well.  My playing is still thankfully not affected, which is nice, and I can still fight the accursed Russians.  Curse you, Russians!  (shaking fist awesomely).

Tried a shout-out on Craigslist for if anyone needed a guitarist.  Nope.  Well, only one email back.  Heard my work (Rush, of course).  Found it "not moody enough".  Why can't someone understand that if you can play Rush you can do anything (not that you'd want to, of course, as they're musicians' musicians).  Sigh.  I mean I can do moody.  Heck, I'm borderline manic depressive for chrissake.  Ah well.  Better luck next time.  Been wanting to play in an actual band for years now.  I figure I'm pretty decent, covering Rush instrumentals and all and posting them boldly on YouTube.  Still, it seems no one really likes the stuff.  I get minimal hits.  Maybe if I seeded it with, "Kardashian divorce fallout video" or something cheap like that.  So I play for me since no one else likes my stuff.  Well, mostly no one, anyway.  Worse is I get say, a few dozen hits but no "likes" (Steve Roach gave me a mercy-like the other day).  Odd a bard plays a tune and everyone gets up afterwards and leaves with no comment.  I'm certain I don't suck like a black hole.  I've taught myself guitar (I had a few lessons) and bass and keyboards and I can sing in-key.  I must have The Artist Prince syndrome.  At least I best him in height by an inch or so.  Man, I just need a gig (and a band).  Too many flakes out there, "Oh, sure, we can play" followed by, "Oh, I'm too busy this month".  Yuck.

Well, for my own amusement I'm performing Limbo, Part II of the Gangster of Boats Trilogy next.  Probably get on it today or tomorrow.  Should take me a few days.  At least I am having a good time!

I need some chocolate.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. As long as YOU are having fun, that's all that really matters at the end of the day. That, and fighting the Russians. (Obligatory "Ha!")

    1997
    NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, there's nothing I like better than fighting the Russians, and not drinking their soul-less vodka. Ha.

    ReplyDelete